Dr. Craig Arive Provides Exceptional Veneer Services to Improve Smiles
How Dental Veneers Work
Also known as composite veneers, dental veneers are a form of cosmetic dental work that helps to improve the shape and shine of a person’s smile. The dental veneer application process works as follows:
- Examination. A member of Dr. Arive’s team will first examine the cosmetic issues with the patient’s smile that a dental veneer could potentially remedy, such as straightening and teeth whitening.
- Preparation. To ensure that the dental veneers adhere to the patient’s teeth properly, the dentist will remove a thin enamel layer. This also provides more space for the veneer to fit snuggly against the patient’s teeth.
- Fabrication. Dr. Arive and his team offer the latest in digital dental scanning to create dental veneers that fit the patient exactly. They will pass the scan along to a dental veneer manufacturer, who will fabricate the patient’s veneers and send them back to Dr. Arive’s office.
- Application (Temporary). While the manufacturer crafts the patient’s personalized veneers, Dr. Arive or one of his team members will provide temporary veneers to the patient. This keeps the patient comfortable while they wait for the permanent veneers and allows the patient to acclimate to the feel of their new veneers.
- Application (Permanent). Once the permanent composite resin veneers return from the manufacturer, the dentist will remove the temporary veneers, thoroughly clean the patient’s teeth, and apply dental cement to firmly keep the dental veneers in place. Veneers can last up to 10 to 15 years with proper care.
Are Dental Veneers for Me?
If you struggle with yellow, cracked, crooked, or cosmetically damaged teeth, you may be a suitable candidate for dental veneers. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Arive and his team of experienced dentists to determine if dental veneers are right for your smile. Give them a call at (317) 255-5285 or visit their website at arivedds.com to fill out a contact form.