Dental Implant Restorations in Indianapolis IN
Dental implant restoration solves the issue of missing teeth. Implants replace the missing root, providing an anchor for a replacement tooth, bridges, or dentures. Modern materials make these new “roots” durable and secure.
Single Tooth Restoration
The options depend on how many teeth the patient is missing. Restoring one missing tooth is the most straightforward procedure. The implant is installed surgically, and the patient goes home to heal. Over the next few months, the bone will grow around the implant. The implant then becomes a permanent fixture in the jaw.
Once the oral surgeon is satisfied with the implant healing, Dr. Arive will create a custom crown to replace the missing tooth. The materials used look very similar to natural teeth. Dr. Arive then adjusts the shade and contours to make the new tooth indistinguishable.
Multiple Tooth Restoration
Dr. Arive examines the patient to evaluate the best way forward. Based on this assessment, he may recommend:
- A bridge: Traditionally, the teeth surrounding the missing tooth support the bridge. This method may entail reshaping the supporting teeth. With implants, it’s not necessary to touch the adjoining teeth.
- Partial or full dentures: Dentures work slightly differently. They rely on the mouth’s hard and soft tissue for support. Depending on the number of teeth missing, patients may require more than one implant. Four to six implants are usually enough for a full restoration.
How do Dentures with Underlying Implants Work?
Implants provide a secure anchor for dentures. Dentures won’t shift, rock, or wear down any particular spots. Individual locators or retainers allow the dentures to lock into place, keeping the dentures secure. At night, patients remove the dentures quite easily.
Implants remove the need for messy denture adhesives. Should patients use dentures secured with adhesives, they should speak to Dr. Arive about converting to implant-supported dentures.
Why Choose Craig Arive, DDS for Dental Implants?
The practice offers patients the highest standard of care. Dr. Arive’s interest in restorative dentistry has led him to integrate the latest proven techniques. At his practice, he uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure that patients get the best diagnostic, preventative, and curative care.
Each member of the team prioritizes patient care and satisfaction. Dr. Arive knows that outstanding care starts with listening carefully to his patients and his empathetic nature makes it easy to discuss problems. He carefully explains all the options and answers any questions.
Our location at 6284 N. Rucker Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46220, is convenient and patients may book their appointments by calling 317-255-5285 or filling out our contact form. Learn more about our dentures procedures.
Dental Implant Restorations- It’s Time To Get Your Smile Back!
- The price of dental implant restoration can vary greatly, just give us a call to learn more
- The dental implant restoration procedure is simple and has a very high success rate
- Dental insurance can make the costs of dental implants restoration much more affordable
- If you are having problems with your current dental implants, we can help fix or restore them
Call Us Today!